Hinchingbrook District Scouts are looking for an enthusiastic volunteer to take the role of District Media Development Manager. The role is responsible for improving the public image of Scouting by providing relevant information and facts about Scouting to appropriate media within Peterborough and surrounding areas with the help and support of the County Team and a dedicated contact at HQ.
The successful volunteer will have the full support of the County Team and the existing support that exists in the County for media. There is also a dedicated contact at UK Scouting’s HQ to support the successful applicant in all aspects of internal and external media work.
The key responsibilities are:
- Seeking and identifying good news stories happening in Scouting and promote these to the local media.
- Develop and maintain a list of local media contacts with the County Media Development Manager
- Liaise with the County Team giving updates on coverage and seeking support
- Monitoring local media coverage and to feedback success stories to local Scouting volunteers and County.
- Sharing good media practice across the District
- Establish a media plan for the District in order to promote Scouting in the District.
You need to:
- Be willing to accept a volunteer appointment at District level
- Be able to commit around 3 hours per week and be able to work flexibly toaccommodate the flexible nature of media work.
- be IT literate and have access to a PC with internet and email at least once a day(being able to access email on the move is an advantage in the role, but notnecessary)
- be a creative thinker, dedicated to promoting and developing Scouting
For more information please contact Richard Carpenter, County Communications Manager or download the Job Pack below.