- Swavesey Beavers: Local joining lists used for invites to a successful open evening of taster activities on 12 January hosted by the County Team and Michelle (our Regional Development Officer). A Team of four new leaders recruited along with around 12 prospective Beavers. Ongoing support from the District and the County team.
- 17th Nene (Hamptons): Positive management of the joining list resulted in a well attended open evening for prospective beavers and new adult volunteers supported by DC and the Group. Second Beaver colony established.
- 29th Cambridge (Beavers & Cubs). The County team has been working with the group to boost Scouting opportunities. To date, the beaver colony has been re-opened and one leader has been recruited for the new leader team. Michelle, RDO, is working within the community to promote Scouting. The County Development Manager is working with the District Chairperson to provide support to the Group on Exec related matters. Will, County Development Adviser is supporting Cubs through to the end of the summer term.
- Other Projects on the starting blocks include:
- Stukely Meadows: restart Beavers from April 2016
- 1st Medehamstede: expand scouting provision, form new Cub Leader team & strengthen Group Exec - April 2016
- Littleport Group: re-opening a 2nd colony due to joining list numbers - - ? June 2016
- Papworth: open a Scout Troop (satellite of Fenstanton & Hilton) - June 2016
- 2nd Ely Group: opening a second colony (the fifth in Ely) due to demand (Sept 2016)
- - Details of further projects being lined up for the Summer and Autumn 2016 terms will be provided soon
In addition, the County Development Manager;
- Receives and Manages Join enquiries received on the County's dedicated number 0845 0940 468
- Supports the County Commissioner in identifying key community opportunities to help raise Scouting's Profile across the County
- Provides supports and advice, where possible, in the the local provision of Scout promotional roadshows.
- Works with the County RDO to support and deliver potential projects within Districts/Groups, sponsored by DCs
Completed RDO Projects
2nd Cambourne: A very successful Open Night in April 2015 led by our RDO (Michelle), David, Neil & Marina the Group now has a full new Cub Pack. It is proving to be immensely popular with around 20 Cubs and a team of four leaders attending on a regular basis. The Pack has since attended a ca,mp led by 17th Nene (Hamptons) and is gearing up to a mega weekend at CAW100.
Isleham : Following an amazingly successful Open Night in March led by our RDO (Michelle),
Alison Oliver the new Group GSL and her team now have a full new Beaver Colony
in Isleham. It is proving to be immensely popular with some 30 or more Beavers
attending on a regular basis.
County Growing - are you on the team?
We all know what a difference Scouting makes to the lives of young people and how it adds to their development and character building but what we don't always shout about is the impact that it has on adults lives, how it teaches or enhances new skills, gives a sense of fulfilment and community giveback, how much enjoyment it gives to see a young person develop and overcome their personal limits. Now that we have a full time County Development Officer (Michelle Nelson) the County's plans to grow are really taking off.
We are looking for a few more adults to join the County Development Team from across the County to either help with one off local projects which usually run for between 8 to 13 weeks or to help provide continuing support. The roles and time commitments are very flexible to suit and can be worked in with your current scouting commitments/role. If you would be interested in more details then please contact David Briston, County Development Manager